Please be advised we have received the following communication from Vodafone regarding an update to the Vodafone Code of Practice, to be implemented by 1st November 2019.
"This year has been very busy and therefore now is the right time to update the Vodafone CoP.
So far we have seen:
1. The introduction of the Security Framework for Charge to Bill (CTB) partners and the PSA draft Guidance in support of that,
2. The introduction of FraudStop by Vodafone,
3. The stabilisation of the industry effort to remove Phishing by SMS,
4. The first audits of Payment Services Regulation 2017,
5. The launch of the new PSA Registration program,
6. The substantial redrafting of the Phone-paid Services Authority’s suite of Special Conditions (live from 1st November 2019).
Vodafone is required to give partners formal notice of changes that affect the contract between us and as the Vodafone CoP is contractually binding on you, please accept this notice that from the 1st November 2019 this new CoP takes full effect.
The change from one CoP to another should have no meaningful impact on you as each partner is already fully engaged in Phishing by SMS prevention, delivering the Security Framework and is already obliged to deliver the PSA CoP. However, this Vodafone CoP has been substantially revised and rather than detail every change, you are advised to read and digest all the information contained therein and disseminate to your wider business.
There are a few sections that require highlighting:
In General Principles, Sections 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 formalise existing obligations on you.
In Section 4. Use of the Vodafone Charge to Bill platform - there are significant clarifications on the cessation of subscriptions and purging of MSISDN lists (4.6 all sections).
In 4.10 Vodafone is formalising the wording required on payment page buttons for partners using the PFI Principles Flows. This is to refute claims that merchants are avoiding the use of overt commitment words to alert the customer to a cash transaction applied to their mobile phone bill.
Section 7. General SMS Rules. Please pay special attention to section 7.10 general purge rules."
Please find below a link to the new code of practice.https://fonix.com/fonix/vf_uk_prs_cop_16_9_19.pdf
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Fonix Compliance Team